Saturday, September 26, 2015

Stock Investor Tips for the Ham Radio Operator

I've been working my way through the Wealthsteading Podcasts, by Jon Pugliano.

It wasn't until episode from February 5th 2015 that he spilled the beans that he was a ham.  It turns out that he is N7PUG, and his QRZ page links to a blog post that he wrote comparing ham radio and the stock market investing.

He also seems to be a bit of a QRPer, as he uses the FT-817, too.

Incidentally, I also listen to the Radical Personal Finance Podcast by Joshua Sheats.  Joshua is also a ham, and is also probably one of the most over-qualified financial experts out there, especially when you consider his age.

1 comment:

  1. In addition, I realized that I could help even more in emergencies if I became a licensed ham radio operator. This is a critical role in a large-scale disaster, yet it's one I could do without further ruining my knee. So I decided that when I got the chance, I would get my ham radio license.

    ReplyDelete